Microwave Heating in Pharmaceutical
Microwave is no more very new technological concept, however the key is utilization of the microwave heating systems for pharmaceutical and chemical processing. Microwave heating provide the advantages over the other techniques in terms of helping them to achieve higher processing rate in lesser time without harming the texture and property.
Microwave Heating/Drying System for Drug Extraction :Drug extraction is process of separating the active and inactive component by selective extraction of procedure. Conventional techniques are time and solvent consuming, also thermally insecure and the analysis of numerous components in plant material is restricted by extraction step. The microwave based extraction system designed by the Kerone, provide the capability of high and fast extraction ability with less solvent consumption and protection against any thermal hazards.Expertise earned over last 48 years makes us the reliable choice for providing the best quality microwave based system for drug extraction. Kerone’s drug extraction systems provides following feature:
- Can Easily Be Integrated Into Automated Systems
- Lends Itself To The Development Of New Products
- Desirable Chemical And Physical Effects Are Produced
- High Heating Efficiency
- Environmental Heat Loss Can Be Avoided
- Hassle-Free Working
- Longer Service Life
- Rugged Construction
Advantages Of Microwave For Drug Extraction:
- Faster Extraction Process
- Thermally Safe
- No Environmental Loss
- Constant Heating Ensues Throughout The Material
- Process Speed Is Increased
- Desirable Chemical And Physical Effects Are Produced.
- Floor Space Requirements Are Decreased.
- Better And More Rapid Process Control Is Achieved.
- No Gaseous Emission
Microwave based heating/drying system for digestion :Digestion is the process by which samples are broken down to their basic constituents for chemical analysis. Microwave Digestion process consist of the microwave heater- absorbing reagents inside pressurized microwave container, in contrast to conventional open vessel digestion. In closed microwave-transparent pressure vessels the samples are heated composed with appropriate acid solution to temperatures that are normally ranging from 200°C and 260°C so that the sample is completely degraded and dissolved.Application of microwave in the field of food pasteurization and sterilization had faced lot of challenges at the frequency of 915 MHz, microwave basedAt Kerone, we help our client with our range of digestion system that offers below advantages and features:
- Speed of heating
- Accelerates the reaction rate
- The time required for the process of digestion
- Microwave digestion processes are cleaner and more environmentally friendly than conventional heating
- Precisely controllable
- Reactions with microwave is easily producible
- Temperature of the reaction can be easily monitored and controlled
- Higher Yield
- Purity of the product
- Adjustable batch time process
Microwave system for Chemical synthesis :At Kerone, we design the and build the various type of chemical synthesisers build with the Microwave as the major source of heating to expedite the chemical synthesising process. Kerones’ microwave based chemical synthesis process provide the speed in chemical synthesis. Microwave enhances the synthesis and does the work faster, provides higher yield, product purity increases and reliably process the milligram to much larger quantity without the need of any reaction optimization.Microwave based chemical synthesis systems developed by the Kerone post studying the detailed requirement of our client, allows the following advantages:
- Higher reaction temperatures can be obtained with the microwave heating solution.
- Chemicals having lower steaming temperature can be heated at considerable higher temperature than that of its boiling
- Significantly reduced reaction times
- Higher yields
- Cleaner reaction profiles
- Additional expressed reaction optimization and library synthesis.
- As heating takes place within the core it results in uniform heating
- Selective heating can easily be achieved
- Easy on-line control of temperature and pressure control can be done which results in easy reproduction.
- Microwave heating is more energy efficient than conventional heating systems.
Microwave heating system for chemical/ pharmaceutical powder drying:Microwave is not very old concept in field of chemical drying and powder drying, however it has gain its popularity very rapidly, the demand of microwave based dryer have surged in the chemical drying and powder drying processes due to the significant advantages that it provides over conventional or other drying systems. Material containing the moisture when exposed to the microwave excites the polar molecules and ions causing the rapid movement of the ions, this frictional heat generated due to this movement of ions at very rapid rate and evaporates water instantly.At Kerone, we provide the microwave based drying solution to pharmaceutical and chemical processing industries having most demanded configuration that comprises of Vacuum and microwave, this combination helps in drying of any type of material at very fast rate. Kerones’ microwave based dryer can be utilised for continuous drying this will help in reducing the batching time.Advantages of microwave dryer in chemical/ pharmaceutical powder drying:
- Any Size, structure and dimension of material can be dried achieving the desired output.
- Easy integration with automated and conveyed systems.
- Drying time is very less
- Reduces handling errors and production costs.
Microwave heating/drying system for thawing:Process of bringing back the drugs from freeze state to normal state is known as Thawing.Thawing is achieved by the way of heating the freezed substance, however the conventional heating system which heats from surface to within the material may cause issues such as uneven thawing, requires larger time for thawing as the heat penetration takes time from surface to within the material.Kerone’s microwave based heating solution designed and built after studying the detailed requirement of client is one of the reliable methods for thawing, in this the majority of drug preparation was unaffected. The stability of drugs both physical and chemical are left unaffected after microwave thawing. Microwave heating system for thawing reduces processing cost and time. Frozen potions of 100-500 ml volume were thawed consistently without overheating. Linear associations were established for microwave power output and thawing rate and for infusion load size and thawing time. Microwave thawing also produced about 10% reduction in microbial count. Cloxacillin sodium, Flucloxacillin sodium and Ticarcillin disodium were reconstituted in 0.9% sodium chloride and in 5% dextrose solutions, stored frozen for up to 9 months, and stability of the antibiotics were assayed following microwave thawing.Showed the effect of infusion volume, infusion load size and microwave power on rate of thawing. Frozen infusions of 100-500 ml volume were thawed evenly and reproducibly without overheating. Linear relationships were demonstrated for microwave power output and thawing rate and for infusion load size and thawing time. It was noted that these relationships enable predetermination of microwave thawing times. On the basis of the results guidelines for this system were developed . Microwave thawing also caused about 10% reduction in microbial count. Cloxacillin sodium, Flucloxacillin sodium and Ticarcillin disodium were reconstituted in 0.9% sodium chloride and in 5% dextrose solutions, stored frozen for up to 9 months, and stability of the antibiotics were assayed following microwave thawing.Advantages of Microwave based thawing:
- Microwaves systems are more compact, requiring a smaller equipment space or footprint.
- Microwaves generate higher power densities, enabling increased production speeds and decreased production costs.
- Environmental heat loss is save
- Reduction in unwanted side reaction
- Desirable chemical and physical effects are produced.
- Improve reproducibility
- Uniform heating result in proper thawing from inner core to outer surface
- Reduction in unwanted side reaction
Microwave in Grease and Lubricant Industry :The Grease and oil Lubricant industry development rate is continue expanding and the development rate of this industry is specifically connected with the car and apparatus interest and development rate, as great quality oil and ointment are presently the interest of circumstance. Greases and oil items constitute a downstream claim to fame business that creates huge incomes and benefits for makers. The greater part of the real oil organizations are key players in the ointments business, yet free makers still hold a noteworthy offer of ointment volume in numerous nations.KERONE is one of the trusted name in Microwaves heating systems and our 40 years excellence had established our name amongst global leaders in design and build of industrial microwave heaters and dryers.Conventional grease manufacturing process heat the oil to formulate it in grease by the means of convection heating techniques, the conventional process results in the slow and no uniform heating of the oil, which used to result in improper settling of oil and results in poor quality grease. On other hand if microwave is used it heated the oil not from the surface but every molecule of the oil soak up the microwave and microwave transforms it energy in oil and this results in excitation of these molecules and rapid rate. Hence this result in uniform and rapid heating of the vegetable oil.Various advantages offered by the Microwave to grease and lubricant industries are as follows:
- Faster process manufacturing process
- Better quality of output produced
- Microwave heater manufactured by KERONE requires lesser space
- Microwave heaters provide better control on process and better process safety
Click to download our latest catalogue and see the products and configuration
Browse by Category
- INDUSTRIAL DRYERS
- Microwave Heating Dryer
- Radio Frequency Heating Dryer
- Conventional Heating Dryer
- Infrared Dryers
- Hot Air Dryer- Stenter
- Pneumatic/ Flash Dryer
- Spray Dryer
- Drum Dryers
- Box Dryers
- Heat Pump Dryers
- Imperial and Band Dryer
- Coal/Briquette Dryer
- Tunnel Dryers
- Contact Drying- Steam Cylinders/Cans
- INDUSTRIAL DRYERS
- Rotary Dryers
- Tower Dryers
- Tray Dryers
- Fish Dryer
- Spiral Conveyor Dryers
- Microwave Spices Dryer
- Food Dryers
- Grain Dryers
- Freeze Dryers
- Coir Pith Dryers
- Conveyorised Organic Waste Dryers
- ROTARY DRYER
- Biomass Dryer
- Coal Palm Slag Rotary Dryer
- Coal Rotary Dryer
- Coal Slime Rotary Dryers
- Coal Steam Type Rotary Dryer
- Coconut Coir Dryer
- Cow Dung Rotary Dryer
- Elephant Grass Dryer
- Mineral Slag Rotary Drum Dryer
- Organic Fertilizer Plant
- Paddle Rotary Dryer
- Paddle Stirring Drum Rotary Dryer
- Poultry Manure Rotary Dryer
- Rotary Drum Sawdust Dryer
- Sand Rotary Dryer
- Three Channel Drum Rotary Dryer