Hot Water System
Why Hot Water System needed?
- Hot Water Systems are engineered to provide accurate, reliable and cost effective temperature control for process load.
- The Hot Water System is available for use with plant steam or electricity as the heat source. Both steam and electric units come in
- single and dual zone configurations.
- Flowtech also designs and manufactures specialized equipment for non-standard applications. Our engineers have extensive experience in process chilling and heating applications for such industries as Chemicals, Petroleum, Plastics, Rubber, Paper, Power, Steel, Food And Pharmaceuticals.
Type Of Hot Water System
- The temperature in the jacket can be controlled much more accurately with hot water than with steam. This higher degree of control protects against damage to or loss of product through overheating.
- Hot water distributes heat more evenly than steam. This eliminates hot spots which often cause product to bake onto the walls of the vessel, and at worst, ruin the entire batch.
- Hot water ensures a better quality end product. This is particularly important in processes requiring very precise product temperature control.
- In critical processes utilizing glass-lined reactors, steam shocks can damage the glass lining. Hot water allows smooth transitions from heating to cooling with no thermal shock.
1. Direct steam heating.
2. Indirect steam heating (Using PHE or Shell and Tube condenser).
3. Electrical Heating.
- Compact and Complete Package Solution
- Optimum design for the major component of the system - Heat Exchangers
- Made to order solutions to meet all process requirements
- Factory assembled skid for ease of installation
- Unmatched heating control for consistent and desired temperatures
- Hassle free condensate removal and recovery with no energy losses
- Standard units supplied with PID controllers. Special control packages available with PLC systems.
- Each Hot Water System is designed to maximize the productivity of the process.
- Kerone quality and reliability provide excellent value for investment.
- Reliable temperature control improves process consistency, reduces scrap, speeds start-up and increases production rates.
- Instantaneously available when you need for fluctuating process loads and urgent demands.
- Ensures accurate temperatures for hot water required for the most heat sensitive processes.
- System designed with heat exchangers with very high heat transfer rates and efficiency.
- Swift & easy installation.
- Single point connections for all utilities
- All units are factory tested prior to shipment
- System Design Pressure - 4 to 5 Kg/cm².
- Steam Pressure - 2 to 3 Kg/cm².
- Max. Cooling Water pressure-2 to 3 Kg/cm².
- Max. Operating temperature - 90°C
- Sizing can vary per application
Traditional Heating & Cooling Systems
Single Fluid Heating Cooling System
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) manufacturing involves batch reaction, work-up, distillation, crystallization, hydrogenation, layer
separation, filtration and drying as unit processes.
Again, batch reaction involves heating and cooling stages ranging from -50°C to +250°C.
Traditionally, this was being done with multiple utilities such as chilled brine, chilled water, cooling water, hot water, low pressure steam, high pressure steam, thermic fluid etc.
- Different heat transfer fluids (HTFs) may require separate coils, heating and cooling jacket zones or external heat exchangers.
- Time consuming changeover of HTFs and associated risks of human error.
- Cross contamination of HTFs.
- Multiple utilities can corrode the reactor jacket.
- Condensate recovery is not feasible.
- Inefficient management of HTFs leading to inaccurate temperature control.
- Process parameter deviations adversely affect product quality.
- Complicated mechanical design, and Increases capital/maintenance costs.
Single fluid heating cooling systems (SFHC) / Temperature Control Unit (TCU) are coming-up as an ideal solution to overcome most of the limitations with traditional multiutility based heat transfer and control system. where high accuracy and wide temperature ranges are critical for the development of new compounds and API's.
How it Works?
Single fluid heating cooling system is normally connected to a single reactor, where the Temperature of the system is varied as per the process requirement, Thus maintaining the constant temperature difference between the process and fluid temperature.
This gives precise control over heating and cooling cycle. Thus, not only the temperature is controlled as a critical process parameter but also the heating-and-cooling time is controlled as a critical parameter. This results in batch-to-batch consistency and higher yield.
- Temperature range - 35°c to 250°c with precise temperature control, +/-1°c.
- Rapid heating or cooling, reducing batch time.
- All wetted parts are in stainless steel.
- Totally enclosed skid & mounted on wheels for easy mobility.
- No switching between jacket service fluids, preventing cross- contamination, corrosion or thermal shocks to the vessel.
- Remote control panel with flameproof enclosures (suitable for gas group IIA, IIB)
- Automation - System is controlled by PLC system which can be integrated with SCADA
- Accurate temperature control to +/-1°C without risk to your reactor.
- Rapid heating and chilling profiles can be designed, reducing batch times.
- Repeatability and accurate recordable.
- Measurement for meeting FDA requirements.
- Programmable heating and cooling ramps for accurate unsupervised operations.
- No switching between jacket service fluids, preventing cross contamination, corrosion or thermal shocks to the vessel.
- Smooth, continuous temperature control, with no gaps because there is no fluid changeovers.
- No interruption of process and no hot spots, resulting in higher product yields and quality. Off batches are minimized, if not eliminated.
- Savings on expensive raw materials can be made because the yield is maximized without adding excess reactions.
- Suitable for the very cold operating temperatures required by today's new chemical formulae and reactions.
- Fully automatic capability, hence less manpower required.
- SFHC / TCU finds its purpose in various temperature based applications like,
- Crystallization Reactions - For better productivity
- Non-Aqueous Reactions: Critical application where Aqueous utilities are to be not used for heating/cooling, which leads to hazardous conditions (e.g. reactions which involve materials like Sodium) - For Safety
- Metal Reactions - For better batch-to-batch repeatability
- Alternate Heating & cooling process application (where utility change over is a wastage of time & tiresome job)
- Applications where sudden temperature rise, causing thermal shocks.
- Multi product plant
- Pioneers in SFHC / TCU for the last 10 years.
- Pharma Process domain expertise.
- Prompt service support with dedicated servicing team.
- Swift response for the customer queries through dedicated technical team.
- Customer friendly.
- Competitive pricing.
- Right & Reputed international component selection.
- Better delivery periods.
- In-house chemical process engineers.